We are advisors, social entrepreneurs and practitioners, developing innovative solutions for local and sustainable food systems.
We bridge the gap between policy and practice; piloting practical tools and models to guide stakeholders at all levels and facilitate change.
f3 is a co-operative Community Interest Company that has provided diverse research, strategic advice, and business support since 1999, to government agencies, local authorities, enterprises and NGOs.
Our innovative work builds on our direct experience and knowledge of hundreds of case studies from the UK and abroad.
Our key service areas comprise the following:
SUSTAINABLE SUPPLY CHAIN DEVELOPMENT and BUSINESS SUPPORT
- Sustainable food business evaluation
- Public procurement and sustainable sourcing
- Research on sustainable food systems and short supply chains
- Reviewing local supply chain infrastructure
- Facilitating local collaboration on marketing and distribution
SUSTAINABLE FOOD SYSTEMS PLANNING and POLICY
- City/regional food supply systems analysis and strategies
- Facilitation of Food Strategy and Food Charter development
- Policy development for government and local authorities
- Facilitating ‘local food discussions
- SME input to academic and international research studies
SUPPORT for SOCIAL ENTERPRISE and COMMUNITY INITIATIVES
- Collaboration and co-operative ventures
- Local food hubs
- Buying groups
- Community enterprise start ups
- Local and direct marketing strategies and promotion
MARKET RESEARCH and EVALUATION: TOOLS and SERVICES
- Evaluation of sustainable food initiatives
- Market research survey templates
- Bespoke survey design and participatory models
- Business planning and financial forecasting templates
- Statistical analysis
ADVICE for PRIMARY PRODUCERS and MANUFACTURERS
- Production and marketing for horticulture, dairy, meat and drinks
- Food and drink processing and manufacturing
- International development and agronomy
- Organic production systems
- Permaculture systems
Local Food Roots – a film to celebrate the local food movement
An invaluable resource for discussions on how we can build more sustainability and resilience in the food system. Made by f3 in association with Sprout Films. See the trailer below; buy the DVD; then organise a screening.